Not able to merge pulled code in Intelije IDE.


Not able to merge pulled code in Intelije IDE.



Hello guys if your getting this error on bottom right corner of ide then here I'm going to resolve it today.

 


In  my case I was getting this error and i got 87 files in my commit change list.

In such case you can merge all those 87 files manually or you can choose better option to sync you local environment with remote by using option of Update Project in Intelije Git menu as shown below:-


After clicking on it you will get pop-up like below:-

Now you have to select option rebase the current branch on top of incoming changes.

And that's it . It will update and rebase your current branch with remote changes.

Now go and check in terminal Git status you will see your project is synced with 
Remote branch you were trying to merge on your local branch.

This is the one of the best option I found for such scenario otherwise we can always go for git pull option.

But in this case we will have to manually merge all unmerged files if you do so.

For that we will have to resolve all files conflicts manually then need to commit them with proper message; Where as what I used to solved my issue without taking much time and putting effort to resolve all files which we are not working but part of project. 

In future if I gets any much better solution than this I'll update to this post. 
For now this solves my problem and I can move forward with my work.

I hope this solution help you get rid of this issue and save your time.


Comments

Popular Posts